Bespoke Earned Value and MS Project 2007 training
Case Study for Olympus KeyMed
Company ProfileThe Olympus KeyMed Group is an established international leader in the manufacture and supply of specialised medical and industrial equipment.
Business RequirementMS Project is used as part of Olympus KeyMed project planning. A number of needs were identified including:
• Finding ways to get more value from business data stored in MS Project
• How best to use MS Project’s Earned Value features to support decision making within Olympus KeyMed
• Explore ways of generating rich EVM charts and reports
SolutionWorking closely with Olympus KeyMed we put together a bespoke syllabus incorporating:
• Half day duration enabling the course to run twice in one day
• Bespoke content that draws on real project plans from Olympus KeyMed
• A step by step worked EVM example along with chart creation and reporting
• Tailored EVM quick reference guide for reference after the training
Benefits• Short focused training session offering maximum learning opportunity with minimum impact on team availability
• Real life training data making it easier to put learning points into practice following the event
The training went extremely well.
It was a tailor made session - You fulfilled the brief exactly!
I came away from the day very pleased at what the trainer had accomplished.