Resolved · Low Priority · Version 2007
If I want to change a template how do I do this? I've gone back into the original (I think), amended it and saved it, but the amendment didn't stick. I'm obviously doing it wrong.
For upcoming training course dates see: Pricing & availability
Thank you for your question regarding templates in Outlook.
The best way to achieve saving changes to a pre-exisiting template is to:
- Firstly, open the template to be ammended.
Open the 'File' menu, choose 'New' and then select 'Choose Form'
- From the 'Look In' dropdown menu, select 'User Templates in File System' and open the template to be ammended.
- Make the required changes
- Once changes have been made, go back to the 'File' menu, selecting 'Save As'
- Change the Save As type (bottom of the box) to Outlook Template.
- Select the template form from the Save As dialogue box (so the template name sits in the File Name text box, below) and click Save.
- A message will appear asking you if you want to replace the exisiting file. Select Yes if you want to update the existing template.
I hope this resolves your question. If it has, please mark this question as resolved.
If you require further assistance, please reply to this post.
Microsoft Office Specialist Trainer