98.8% Of all customers recommend us, we're so confident about our results we publish all reviews and statsView Live Stats View Reviews
Resolved · Low Priority · Version 2007
If I want to change a template how do I do this? I've gone back into the original (I think), amended it and saved it, but the amendment didn't stick. I'm obviously doing it wrong.
For upcoming training course dates see: Pricing & availability
Thank you for your question regarding templates in Outlook.
The best way to achieve saving changes to a pre-exisiting template is to:
- Firstly, open the template to be ammended.
Open the 'File' menu, choose 'New' and then select 'Choose Form'
- From the 'Look In' dropdown menu, select 'User Templates in File System' and open the template to be ammended.
- Make the required changes
- Once changes have been made, go back to the 'File' menu, selecting 'Save As'
- Change the Save As type (bottom of the box) to Outlook Template.
- Select the template form from the Save As dialogue box (so the template name sits in the File Name text box, below) and click Save.
- A message will appear asking you if you want to replace the exisiting file. Select Yes if you want to update the existing template.
I hope this resolves your question. If it has, please mark this question as resolved.
If you require further assistance, please reply to this post.
Microsoft Office Specialist Trainer
How to Enlarge or Change the Font of the Calendar date's in Outlook 2010
If you want to change the size of the font in Outlook's calendar,
Welcome. Please choose your application (eg. Excel) and then post your question.
Our Microsoft Qualified trainers will then respond within 24 hours (working days).
Any suggestions, questions or comments? Please post in the Improve the forum thread.