Courses Never Cancelled: Guaranteed
Book your training courses in confidence up to 12 months ahead.
Course cancellations are unfortunately commonplace in our industry. Not with us.
We guarantee our courses thus ensuring that you can book secure in the knowledge that your course will not be cancelled.
In the unlikely event of a cancellation (19 out of 6,626*) you will receive a full refund and an additional 2 free courses.
* Total events last 5 years
Guarantee applies to Microsoft Desktop training and Management Skills Training.
We're not perfect. When things go wrong we move rapidly to correct them.
Here are some examples of how we exceeded our client's expectations in challenging circumstances.
- There go the lights
Find out what happened when we lost electrical power.
- We won't let you down
How we delivered our training through some of the worst weather in recent years.
- Helping our customer through rough weather
There go the lights
8:30 am, Friday 18 Feb 2011 at out Bloomsbury venue.
With 2 training events due to run that day, we had a power failure in our training rooms.
With delegates due soon we needed to act fast!
Our trainers consulted with our client services teams. Heads were scratched.
The events were:
- A one-day PowerPoint Advanced course with 4 delegates
- The 2nd day of a two-day Excel VBA Intro-Intermediate course with 6 delegates
What we did
- It was confirmed the power issue was isolated to our dedicated training rooms. Engineers were called to resolve the fault ASAP.
- In case power wasn't restored before the course started, we set up 2 spare rooms from scratch.
- Our client services team immediately arranged a courier to deliver laptops to the venue for setup in the spare rooms.
- As delegates arrived, they were informed of the situation.
- Despite the short notice, the 2 spare rooms were quickly set up enabling both courses to start with a delay of just half an hour.
- Whilst power was successfully restored by an engineer at around 10am, to avoid further disruption to our clients, the courses continued in the alternative rooms.
- Our commercial team immediately sent an e-mail to all affected bookers/delegates acknowledging the disruption. All delegates were allocated an additional free training course.
We would like to thank our team for pulling out the stops and finding a solution. Also we are very grateful to our delegates for their patience and good humour on the day, it was certainly a lively start to the weekend!
We won't let you down
We are here for our customers, whatever the weather.
In late November 2010 heavy snow and severe travel disruption were forecast across the UK. The forecasters were right.
With over 30 planned training events at our venues and customers' sites it was vital that our contingency plans worked and that we honoured all our commitments.
We ran all our scheduled training events. A big well done to everyone who made it happen and we really acknowledge our delegates who persevered through challenging weather to attend their training courses.
- We ran all of our 19 public schedule training events.
- We ran all of our 11 onsite events.
Attendance rates were high:
|Mon 30 Nov||89%|
|Tue 1 Dec||93%|
|Wed 2 Dec||70%|
|Thu 3 Dec||94%|
|Fri 4 Dec||76%|
How we succeeded
With a proactive attitude rather than "wait and see", our team kept track of all relevant risk factors.
- Allocating trainers located nearest the event venue to reduce the impact of any travel difficulties
- Ensuring additional standby trainers were available should the original trainer not be able to reach the training venue.
- Trainers staying in hotels near the training venue so the course could run without the risk of delays
- Our logistics team were on call 24 hours a day to receive alerts from trainers on any issues. This ensured that we could put our contingency plans in place and promptly advise delegates of the course status via our web site.
Dedicated Live Event Status Page
We regularly updated a dedicated status page for our trainers and delegates to check the status of their training course.
Option to Reschedule
Courses can be quickly and easily rescheduled online up to the last minute of the course (even when the course is running). Delegate names can also be changed online up to the start of the course.
Helping our customer through rough weather
|Course:||Excel 2007 Intermediate
Delivered on-site at Docklands
|Date:||2 December 2010|
|Problem:||Transport disruption due to adverse weather|
- Adverse Weather caused widespread transport disruption.
- The trainer reached the client's site at London Docklands for the scheduled training event.
- Due to adverse weather the majority of delegates were unable to make it in for the training.
How we resolved the issue
- The trainer was committed to delivering the course. However, we wanted to ensure that the client's needs were best met.
- For the client's staff team, those who were due to attend the course were now required to help cover for those absent. Therefore they could not attend the day's training as planned.
- The trainer discussed the issue with the client and reported the issues back to our client service team.
- The client service team worked with the client's HR department and agreed a plan to run the course on an alternative date.
- An alternative training date was agreed.
- The client was able to focus their personnel on staffing issues.
- This incident strengthened the relationship with TeachFirst.