Excel Charting Training Course
Excel 2013, 2010, 2007
Who is this course for?
Our Charting with Microsoft Excel course is suitable for those with a working knowledge of Excel and familiarity of charts.
Attendance of Excel Introduction or equivalent experience.
BenefitsAt the end of this course you will have a greater understanding of charting concepts, shortcuts and fine tuning.
You will learn more advanced techniques for chart layout tabs and chart formatting options & types.
Armed with all of this you will have greater competence at producing more comprehensive Excel charts based on your working data.
Excel Charting Concepts
Understanding chart terminology
- Identifying chart elements (such as like plot area, chart area, gridlines, and legends)
- Selecting the right chart type
- Understanding the Ribbon and the Design, Layout, and Format tabs
Creating Basic Charts Quickly
- Selecting data to display as a chart
- Creating charts instantly with shortcuts
- Creating presentation-ready charts with just a few adjustments
- Creating graphic-in-cell charts with Sparklines
Fine-Tuning Charts with Design Tab Choices
- Switching rows and columns for a different view of the data
- Setting a default chart type and creating a template
- Dealing with empty and hidden cells
- Choosing a chart style from 48 colourful variations
- Changing the location of a chart
- Moving and resizing a chart
Layout Tab Options
Inserting Pictures, Shapes, and Text Boxes
- Using pictures as chart elements
- Adding shapes and arrows
- Adding floating text and text boxes
Adding Titles, Labels, and Legends
- Adding and editing chart titles
- Adding horizontal and vertical titles
- Linking titles to content
- Showing different scales
- Specifying the position of tick marks and axis labels
- Changing the numeric format on labels
- Adding, editing, and removing legends
- Adding and editing data labels
- Showing the source of a chart's data
Using Axes and Gridlines
- Modifying axis scaling
- Working with gridlines
Using the Analysis Tools
- Analyzing existing and future data with trendlines
- Adding drop lines
- Adding high-low lines and up-down bars
- Adding error bars
Adding Shapes and WordArt Styles
- Selecting shape fill and outline
- Adding shape effects
- Applying WordArt styles
Using Other Formatting Tools
- Formatting lines and borders
- Filling an area with a colour gradient
- Specifying line style and weight
- Working with chart text
- Changing the rotation of chart text
Adjusting Specific Chart Types
- Column, line and pie charts
- Area, stock, and XY charts
- Doughnut, bubble, and radar charts
- Creating a Waterfall chart
Changing a Chart's Data Source
-Pasting new data into a chart
-Creating charts from multiple data sources
-Adding new data using a table
Printing and Sharing Charts
- Printing charts
- Copying and linking charts with Word and PowerPoint
Prices & Dates
What you get
Training is held in our modern, comfortable, air-conditioned suites
Modern-spec IT, fully networked with internet access
"What do I get on the day?"
Lunch is provided at a local restaurant or pub. Browse the sample menus:
Courses start at 9:30am.
Please aim to be with us for 9:15am.
Joining information (how to get to our venues)
Available throughout the day:
- Hot beverages
- Clean, filtered water
Training formats & Services
Why us? / Testimonials
Talent And Learning Manager
Very good directions! Love the different angles and photographs (very helpful for someone like me!)
Suggestions of other courses by the trainer very helpful.
Emailing the exercises home great idea!
Being able to see other versions on the course to prepare for future upgrades is great too!
750 Excel events in the next 12 months, live dates & pricing here