We know we're not perfect, but we hope to give you an honest picture of where we are now and our intentions for the future. We are encouraging the development of a greener approach and awareness of these important issues throughout our business.
Your comments and suggestions will be warmly received.
What we've doneWe agree it's only a start and we are committed to doing much more.
- We've reduced the use of paper in our offices dramatically by investing in automation. Our policy is to continue along this path.
- Our trainers no longer fill in any paper forms in our company, we use an online document mangement system.
- Our clients now predominantly book on-line... saving paper, waste and time.
- Our marketing uses only 5% of the paper normally used by companies employing traditional methods.
- Overall, the paper used by this organisation is significantly lower than our industry and is only (estimated) 25% of the normal wastage.
- We now have no photocopiers within the organisation. A tough organisational decision, but now making substantial savings.
- All paper we use is now recycled, wherever possible. We print on both sides.
- All of our paper waste is recycled, as are all recyclable materials (plastic containers, cardboard, packaging, toner, electrical goods). We have an arrangement with http://www.greenerworld.com who recycle the small amount of waste we produce.
- Lately we invested in our first micro generation experiment to produce some of our own electricity from solar power. We now power some of our portable computer equipment from solar panels and we plan to build on this where practical in the future.
What we want to do next
- In future we will only purchase office and electronic equipment once the environmental impact has been taken into consideration. We will bias our purchasing habits towards more energy efficient equipment whenever possible.
- All redundant equipment will be disposed with consideration to ethical recycling. Our policy on recycling will be further developed and adopted throughout the organisation.
- As older systems and units are replaced, all lighting equipment will be provided by low energy consumption bulbs and systems.
- We will continuously review our efforts to promote an ethical approach to reducing harmful emissions and to adopting best practice procedures to aid a green approach.
- We are investigating forming alliances with charities that we can work with to further our efforts in this area.